Leveraging Amazon Demand Side Platform
If you want to reach your audience and gain more customers, the Amazon Demand Side Platform might be just what you need to give your business a boost.
What is the Amazon Demand Side Platform?
- Amazon DSP is a display advertising platform that enables advertisers to programmatically reach audiences by strategically buying display and video ad placements. DSP pricing is automated and based on a dynamic pricing model.
- With DSP you can drive awareness across the buyer’s journey and use various methods to retarget your audiences.
- Growing Awareness with DSP:
- DSP operates throughout the entire advertising funnel from start to end. Retargeting with DSP allows you to keep your brand in the mind of all prospecting customers.
- Upper-funnel Visibility:
- Increases the number of your targeted audience.
- Must have retail readiness.
- High-quality product images
- Bullet point descriptions optimized
- Have a 3.5-star rating
- Upper-funnel Visibility:
- Audience Examples:
- In-market – Connect with consumers who are actively researching or comparing products across display networks, publisher and partner sites.
- Retargeting/Remarketing – Ads display to prospecting consumers who have previously engaged with your brand.
- Lookalike – customers that have a higher probability of acting or converting into a buyer based on their last 30 days of browse, search or buying behavior heavier.
- Lifestyle – Interest groups that reflect lifestyle audiences. These audiences can be used to embed your brand in the mind of consumers that have often shopped for products like yours.
How Amazon DSP Works
- Exclusive Audience Access – Reach your ideal audience on and off the platform by using exclusive Amazon audiences to re-engage and educate customers.
- High-quality Inventory – With Amazon DSP you can reach your audiences programmatically across Amazon-owned sites and apps.
- Example – IMDb, Fire TV, Kindle, apps and leading publishers’ sites through direct inventory from Amazon Publisher Services and third-party exchanges.
- Brand Safeguards – Amazon uses both its own and third-party solutions, from manual site reviews to real-time bid evaluation, to uphold the quality standard and brand safety.
Forms of DSP Ads
- Amazon DSP
- Advertisers can efficiently reach Amazon shoppers on Amazon sites, across the web, and mobile apps.
- Mobile Interstitial Ads
- Mobile Amazon DSP publishers can choose to display full-screen interstitial ads in their app, instead of or in addition to banner ads.
- Desktop/Mobile Web Display
- Amazon DSP includes standard sizes for display on Amazon and other sites around the web.
- Mobile banner Ads
- Amazon DSP Mobile enables display advertisers to reach and target mobile users on third-party mobile applications on Android, Kindle Fire, and iOS platforms.
- Video Ads
- Using Amazon DSP advertisers can serve five-second in-stream and out-stream video ads in MP4, WebM, or FLV format.
- Amazon DSP
Who can use Amazon DSP?
- DSP is available to both advertisers who sell products on Amazon and those who don’t. Amazon recommends that DSP is best suited to advertisers who seek to programmatically buy display and video ads at scale.
How to get started
- With Amazon DSP self-service and managed-service options are available.
- Self-service – As a self-service customer you are in full control of your campaigns, and there are no additional management fees.
- Managed-service – This is a great option as a solution for companies that want access to Amazon DSP inventory with white-glove service or those with limited programmatic experience. This option does require a minimum spend of $35,000.
Leveraging Amazon DSP can help your business excel by reaching your target audience and converting more sales. We hope that this post was insightful. If you have any additional questions leave a comment below, we’ll be there, we’ll respond, and we will help you through the process. If you found this post to be helpful, please like, share, comment, and tell other people about it.
If you need immediate advice or assistance with Amazon strategies? Talk to our Channel Key team. Thank you for reading.
Like this post? Check out our post on 2020 E-commerce business strategies