Recently Amazon announced their new Posts (beta). Sellers on the platform can now use curated photos to inspire shoppers to engage with their brand and their products on Amazon. According to Amazon, this is a new browse and discovery experience focused on brand-shopping. Amazon Posts help shoppers discover new products and see what’s new from brands by browsing feeds of brand-curated content. This includes linking to product detail pages, making each post in a feed shoppable, and each post includes category tags so shoppers can continue exploring posts in related categories.
Benefits of Participation
- Differentiate Your Brand – With Posts you can publish your brand and product-focused content that you are already sharing on social media with shoppers on Amazon.
- Metrics – Brands will have access to engagement metrics such as views, clicks, and click-through rates.
- Free – Posts are currently free to participate.
How it works
- Discovery – Participating brands can use carousels which can be found on detail pages for their products, and related products. Once a post is tapped, it will take shoppers into a feed.
- Browsing – Customers can continue to browse through feeds of posts that are related, and pivot to browse feeds of posts for products in related categories.
- Shopping – Posts are instantly shoppable, active shoppers can tap “show products” to learn more and visit the product detail page.
How often should you post?
- Amazon recommends that brands posts with the same frequency they do on social media. Brands can publish multiple posts for the same product or across a wide range of products.
- Currently, Posts are available in the US on the Amazon mobile shopping app (iOS and Android) and on the mobile web.
What type of content should you post?
- Amazon encourages brands to experiment with various types of content to learn what engages customers.
- To quickly get started Amazon recommends considering repurposing product-focused content that your brand has previously shared on social media.
Where will posts show up?
- According to Amazon, posts can be accessed on participating brands detail pages, detail pages for related brands, feed for related posts, and category-based feeds.
Amazon Posts beta is a new browse and discovery experience focused on brand-shopping. This new format helps shoppers discover new products and see what’s new from brands by browsing feeds of brand-curated content. To participate in Posts beta, you must be a vendor, or a seller enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry and have a US store.
We hope that this post was insightful. If you have any additional questions leave a comment below, we’ll be there, we’ll respond, and we will help you through the process. If you found this post to be helpful, please like, share, comment, and tell other people about it.
If you need immediate advice or assistance with Amazon strategies? Talk to our Channel Key team. Thank you for reading.
Like this post? Check out our post on Amazon Beta Program for Virtual Bundles