Black Friday/Cyber Monday Tips for Amazon Sellers
It’s that time of the year, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are right around the corner! Black Friday is the official kick-off to the holiday shopping season. Expert e-commerce retailers are coming out with online doorbuster deals with the early bird specials to attract consumers to their Amazon stores. Shoppers partaking in both shopping events are expecting extravagant deals and tempting extended offers. In this post, we cover some great tips to supercharge your Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and prepare for the Q4 holiday shopping season.
Prep Early – Choose your Lineup
- Decide what to sell: Stay up to date with trends by following the latest industry blogs or anything that monitors consumer trends in your niche.
- Prep inventory: Make sure to track what is most relevant to your target audience by utilizing social media and actively monitoring search terms and checking Amazon Best Sellers Daily.
- Stay one step ahead of the competition: Actively create new ASINs to capitalize on sales before other sellers. The early bird gets the worm and new ASINs may have eligibility for free discounts!
Expand Product Catalog
- Not only can you increase sales but also build customer loyalty by providing your audience with something new and fresh.
- For a limited time only, Amazon is offering to reimburse sellers for up to 6 months of long-term storage fees on new ASINs in qualifying categories.
Utilize Amazon Business Reports
- In Seller Central Business Reports provides:
- Glance views
- Session counts
- Conversion ratios, and other key metrics.
- Sales and traffic data offer insights into popular products and styles.
- Sales by category let you track sales by your top 5, 10, or 20 product categories.
- See the number and percentage of units ordered and sold by category.
- Check out Amazon Selling Coach in the Reports tab.
Additional Things to Consider
- Create a shipping plan
- Get select fees waived on new to amazon products
- Get loans to boost business
Get the Details – Fine-tune your pricing, product pages, and listing deals
- Fix standard inventory
- Update pricing
- Get expert product photos
- Create quality details page
- Build up customer reviews
Stay up to date with top-selling product demand by teaming up with your suppliers
- Restock or remove inventory
- Streamline your shipping
- Sign up to a fulfillment center
- Use outlet to clear overstock
- Increase chances for one-day delivery
Promote – Spread the Word
Advertise and get social. Utilize social media to engage with shoppers looking for the best deals and gift ideas.
- Advertise on Amazon
- Register your brand
- Create a coupon
- Share promo codes
- Try prime Exclusive Discounts
Post Event Day
- Set up post-holiday deals, consider your reviews and customer feedback and refresh your catalog for upcoming events.
For more in-depth detail on the tips above check out Amazons 2019 holiday shopping guide
If your goal is to attract as many shoppers as possible, increase sales, ROI and brand awareness, don’t hesitate to get the ball rolling this holiday season. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the start of the biggest shopping season of the year. Be prepared! Begin marketing to shoppers as early as possible to capitalize on all holiday traffic. Marketing strategies need to be prepared along with inventory. By simply getting a head start on these two things, you are setting your business up for success.
Need help with your 2019 holiday strategy? At Channel Key, we help define your Amazon Channel strategy and positioning and what you are trying to accomplish in the marketplace.
We also provide your Amazon storefront and brand with easy-to-follow, industry-specific resources to help further develop your storefront, brand, and products on Amazon, turbo-charging your sales and revenue.
We hope that this post was insightful. If you have any additional questions leave a comment below, we’ll be there, we’ll respond, and we will help you through the process. If you found this post to be helpful, please like, share, comment, and tell other people about it.